Thursday 11 July 2013

Brick Lane Tour


Hey there guys, I’ve just been out of office for a weekend, why do I miss you so much and think it’s been such a long time?! Aha I must like working at CIDA very much. As we all know, CIDA is based in the heart of the East End, south of the Olympic Village, just east of the ‘Silicon Roundabout’ and a stone’s throw from Brick Lane. Last Thursday, Toks and Rebecca gave me and other girls the chance to explore the Brick Lane on our own.


I have my own purpose of this tour. As I told you guys before, I am interested in stories behind each passenger in London and want to listen to their story and share mine with them. Brick Lane gives me the chance because it is all those unique, special and stylish vintage stores that make Brick Lane famous for.  I like second hand garments and accessories, but I didn’t usually buy them. On the one hand, I usually get some high-quality stuff from my mother and grandmother because they are gorgeous ladies, who have great taste. On the other hand, I think it is because of culture or mysophobia (I’m not that serious and morbid of course). I don’t know where they are from, their last owner and what stories they have been through.


But things have changed. I’ve never noticed that I like vintage stores so much until I came to London. The first reason must be their artistic decoration. Everyone has his/her heart in beautiful things. Where else can you buy superior quality in such a reasonable price? But just for your information, check thoroughly before you pay, especially for details. Most stores have no return, refund and exchange policy, so bewareJ



Second, wearing vintage garments means keeping up with the times. Sorry? You say it is too old, you may be totally wrong. You’ll get a new idea on vintage after having a look at who likes to wear them: JuliaRoberts, Renee Zellweger, Chloe Sevigny, Tatiana Sorokko, Kate Moss and so on. This increase in interest is due in part to increased visibility, as vintage clothing was increasingly worn by top models and celebrities. Besides, popularity of period pieces set in the mid 20th century in television and film has also contributed to vintage's popularity.






Finally, vintage shops imply clusters of all creative ideas, so does the graffiti outside. It shows the best combination of inside and outside, making them much more attractive and a better place for visiting.



 


Cheers, 

Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment