Friday 22 February 2013

Fashion networking event with CIDA( Sen)

This week seems busy as our reading week turns into workshop week. But fortunately, there still have something to cheer us up. The fashion networking evening! 

As the response to London Fashion Week, The organiser City Business Library holding a networking evening which is called: New Year, New Opportunities in Fashion on Wednesday 20th February. This event is held by David Jones Fashion Management and the Portobello Business Centre as well. CIDA attend this event as one of the representative agencies. We have a table in the library to promot our membership. Although CIDA is not focus on fashion, it is still a good chance for us to do networking with the fashion people.


We four interns caught the tube after our exam workshop.  We meet Rebecca at the reception of the City
Business Centre and set up the table in 10 minutes. The materials at our table including a promotion pack which contain the information of CIDA membership, a leaflet for the general information about CIDA, our cultural pen and the registration sheet. The display of those promoting materials is also art; Lihua and Rebecca pose the packs as a beautiful fan shape, which is very eye-catching.  

Basically, our responsibility is introduced CIDA to the guests which mean we should have a clear idea regarding what CIDA is, what CIDA do as well as what is the mission and main business that CIDA running. From the past six weeks, we had to learn some projects and programmes that CIDA doing, especially for a project called Neoponic. I fixed some pictures for this project for the past few weeks. 


At first, Rebecca only needed one people to do the promotion job with her. However, all the four interns did the jobs together with passion.  I was stuck at the English speaking problem, again.  I cannot image how can I communicate with all the professional people in the fashion industry! Rebecca asked me if I need her company, I said no for the first time. No one can help me during the whole learning and exercising process. I must depend on myself. Only in this way, I could grow up as fast as I can. My first client is a black young lady who just built her own brand and seeking for business support.  I tried my best to learn what is CIDA doing, and what level of our membership is suitable for her.  

 
Soraya also cheered me up, said I am doing well. I suppose the best way to find confidence is keeping practicing; forget my nationality and my first language at the same time. 

My first client is a black young lady who just built her own brand and seeking for business support.  I tried my best to explain what is CIDA doing, and what level of our membership is suit for her, how we can helped her to put her business into the next stage. My other guests including designers, self-employed manager, website developers …They have various background and their business locate in different stages and levels, how to cater their interests is the most difficult part. 

The speakers gave about 1 hour speeches; they share their own experience within the fashion business which is very useful for us to familiar with the fashion and the broad culture industry in London.  When the communication and networking session began, we interns have the opportunity to see around and learn more about other cultural organizations.

The event was ended at 8:30P.M. To be honest, this is our first time to participate in social cultural event in London, as a real participant. We really enjoy being part of the such a innovative event which we could memorized for our futher career. Moreover, I suppose the experience we learn today could applying to our Cre8net as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment