Wednesday 27 March 2013

The end of my first period of Internship part 1(Sen)


An old style beginning: Time flies.
From January 16th to March 27th, every Wednesday and Friday, two months has passed. I will finish my first period internship in CIDA today. Quite a busy day and I am full of gratification at this moment.

My work:
1) Research
I am not good at research at first and did not have relative experience before. But with the computer and Internet, the only thing I need to learn is how to screen information from the vast database. Take my latest research for an example. With the increasing promotion requirement of our Neoponic project, I need to find new web places for Neoponic advertising. The ideal place is like the website of Art Council England, which could offer a free post link for creative organizations and individuals. Actually, I tried to do the work  one month ago, but the websites I found is not meet the requirement. So this time, I tried to change the key works when I searching, from "post event information" to "post business opportunity", the websites just came to me one by one.

2) Web Editing
This is my favourite part of my job. Basically, I use the background program to edit CIDA website, the new site. Toks and Rebecca registered the account for me, with this account, I could add new post which contain events and job information of CIDA as well as creative industry. The first stage is also research, find right information to enrich our new website. So, as we can see, the jobs I am doing are connect with each other.

3) Social media promotion for Naoko
If Ridley and Lihua are the persons who working at the front page of Naoko project, I am the worker behind the scenes! Naoko, the Japanese girl who pursuing her singing dream in Western country is lucky as she could take advantage of Internet and social media. Generally speaking, my job is to find the right social media platforms and register the account on behalf of Naoko and the Blankrocket entertainment project. In the long term, keep update news and profiles of them. The whole project was composed by various supporting jobs, my part only took a small portion of it, but it enable me more familiar with the production process of CCI.

4) Making phone calls
I had to admit, making phone calls to selling our Cre8net tickets is always the biggest challenge for me. The long contact list, the information which need update, the strangers I should contact with...But when I see back, nothing is horrible and I did much better than I thought. I had to admitted that I still feel nervous when I pick up the phone, but I am sure I begin to enjoy the learning and challenging process. Communication is knowledge, how to convey your idea, your organization, your event to others is not just "say the thing". The communicating tones, pace even your attitude mean a lot. I confront with the challenge from inside rather than the outside working pressure, but I did it.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your post Sen! You have been a big help to us - I will miss seeing all of your nice shoes and bags! x

    ReplyDelete